In each session, you will be taught the techniques and benefits of the different pranayama and meditation. The session will end with yoga nidra ( yogic sleep).
This class is suitable for all levels and with no yoga experience.
Types of Pranayama:
- Basic Breath Awareness
- Ujjayi (Victorious Breath or Ocean Breath)
- Nadi Shodhana (Alternate-Nostril Breathing)
- Kumbhaka (Breath Retention)
- Kapalabhati (Breath of Fire or Skull-Shining Breath)
Meditation is a practice where an individual operates or trains the mind or induces a mode of consciousness, either to realize some benefit or for the mind to simply acknowledge its content without becoming identified with that content.
*Please take note of the contraindications below before attending
- Discontinue deep breathing if you become tired, lightheaded or irritated.
- If you feel irritated, make sure your abdomen is relaxed and not tense and that your breathing is even and smooth.
- Avoid rapid breathing if you have an abdominal aortic disorder, post-surgery, carotid artery disease, shortness of breath, labile or uncontrolled hypertension, stable or unstable angina or Asthma