Explore how to utilize yoga as a holistic healthcare system based on scientific evidence. Lori and Tommy will teach how on to tap into your body’s own intellect to guide your practice at any level. Some yoga experience recommended.
Who Is This For?
This workshop is for anyone who wants to explore how to utilize yoga as a holistic healthcare system based on scientific evidence.
*This workshop is NOT for beginners who are new to yoga and inversion.
- The science of stretch, Dr. Helen Langevine
- Anatomy trains, Thomas Myers
- Temperature effects on fascia, Dr. Werner Kingler
- Fascia and the mind/body connection, David Lesondak
- Fascia and the mystery of chronic pain, Dana Sterling
- Connective tissue, chronic pain and cancer, IMOC, UCSF
- First fascia research congress – October 4, 2007, Serge Gracovetsky
- Strolling under the skin, Jean-Claude Guimbertea
- Fascial manipulation for internal dysfunctions, Luigi Stecco
- Physical medicine and rehabilitation, University of Padova, Italy
- Fascia and proprioception, Carla Stecco M.D.
- Interoception- The emotional side of fascia, Dr. Emily Splichal
- The role of fascia in movement and function, Christopher Daprato
Throughout the practice the students will feel how yoga asana and pranayama can manipulate fascia.
We will open the lumber fascia through the power of breath and bandhas. We will open the back, lateral, medial and frontal leg lines. We will utilize fascia gliding from a seated forward fold position and awaken the plantar fascia and explore its relationship to the latissimus dorsi. We will explore somatic movements (Vraaja Yoga). We will work with spinal extension – the transference of force from the rectus abdominis sheath to the thoracolumbar fascia. We will move in to our peak arm balance poses bakasana, handstand and tittibahasana. Finishing the practice with savasana.
1st hour – Discussion on fascia based on chapters in the book Notes on Fascia
Next 1hr 45mins – Yoga practice
Last 15mins – Q&A
Early Bird NOW to 8 June : $100.00 for first 10 student. Please contact us via the Enquiry form below to get the discounted rate
Lori’s style of yoga is a mindful flow from posture to posture at a moderate pace to allow a cultivation of awareness of breath, balance, strength and softening, energy and relaxation. Her ultimate goal as an instructor is to have her students become aware of the infinite benefits of Yoga at any level. Lori’s healing approach is also applied to her Thai Yoga Therapy sessions, and as the only studio on the central coast offering this beneficial therapy, she has found an eagerness to spread the knowledge through certification courses.
Tommy’s Vraaja Yoga™ classes combine alignment, strength, and fluidity—a meditation in movement. His practice is a challenging, sweaty purification full of waves of bandhas, standing poses, backbends, twists and restoration. You will leave his class with your body energized and your mind still, confident to tackle the challenges life has to offer. Tommy’s top interest is to aid in the on-going health of his students and offers a cutting-edge weight loss program to help reverse illness and jumpstart a transition into a healthier lifestyle.
Cancellations made more than 7 days from the start date, will receive a refund minus a 10% administrative fee.
Refund method would be the same during point of purchase.
Cancellation made less than 7 days from the start date, will receive no refunds.
We may photograph or video this workshop and publish these photographs on our website and social medias.