This training provides an in-depth understanding of the latest pain science and pain care techniques. This comprehensive, in-depth program covers therapeutic pain self-care techniques including gentle yoga, restorative yoga, breath and meditation practices and yoga philosophy. Participants gain a solid foundation in pain science, the biopsychosocial model of pain and in yoga related to pain care. This training well prepares teachers and practitioners to integrate Pain Care Yoga techniques into their teaching and personal practice.
- Understand basic pain neurophysiology as well as key neuroplasticity changes related to pain.
- Learn how to guide students in the key techniques for safe movement when experiencing pain.
- Learn how to teach therapeutic breathing and meditation techniques specifically for pain care.
- Learn how to teach therapeutic yoga poses including both gentle hatha and restorative yoga.
- Understand the vital difference and importance between gentle hatha and restorative yoga.
- Understand the lived experience of pain and how to support students experiencing pain.
Who Is This For?
This training is suitable for yoga teachers, yoga therapists, and health care professionals.
Upon completion, you will receive continuing education credits through:
- Yoga Alliance
- Massage Therapy Association of Manitoba
- Certified Registered Massage Therapist Association of Alberta (CRMTA)
- Breath Work
- Body Awareness Practices
- Meditation Practices
- Safe Movement
- Western Medicine Pain Model
- Pain Science
- Eight aspects of Pantanjali’s yoga
- Pancamaya kosha
4 – 7 May ( Mon – Thurs)
Daily Training Hours:
10:00am – 1:00 pm
Lunch Break: 1:00 – 3:00 pm
2:00 – 5:00pm
*Full attendance is required in order to receive certification of completion
|Early Bird Period ( 10% Discount) : NOW – 15 March||$1,000.00|
|Regular Pricing Period From 16 March||$1,125.00|
Tianne came to yoga after a long career as a high performance athlete and coach. She brought her passion and commitment as a dedicated athlete to her yoga practice. As her love of yoga grew, Tianne began teaching. After a serious car accident, Tianne’s yoga practice changed dramatically, becoming a practice of healing for body, mind and spirit, of finding peace within the trauma. The experience was transforming. Tianne now shares what she has learnt on her powerful path of healing. In deep gratitude to all that yoga has given her, Tianne is honoured to share her knowledge and experience through classes, workshops and teacher trainings. Tianne is a certified yoga therapist (CYT), registered yoga teacher and teacher trainer, (E-RYT500).
- Certified Yoga Teacher RYT500
- Certified Yoga Teacher Trainer ERYT500
- Registered Yoga Therapist
- Advanced Restorative Yoga Certification
- Yoga for Golfers ™ Certification
- Certified Athletic Coach NCCP
Terms and Conditions
Priority is given to students who opt for Full Program: Teacher training, workshop and class.
Students who opt for workshop or class, will be notified 5 days before starting date if their registration are successful.
Only students with valid booking can attend. As slots are limited, walk-ins are not allowed.
For Teacher Training
Cancellations made more than 14 days from the start date, will receive a refund minus a 10% administrative fee.
Refund method would be the same during point of purchase.
Cancellation made less than 7 days from the start date, will receive no refunds.
Mats are provided but please bring your own towel and water bottles.
Bottled waters and drinks are sold in the studio. We have a recycle bin found at the main entrance, under the fire hose for plastic bottles.
We have two showers and toilets available for use. Towels are not provided, please bring your own.
Students are expected to clean up after practice and help to maintain the cleanliness of the studio for the comfort of other students.
We may photograph or video this workshop and publish these photographs on our website and social medias.